Thursday, March 30, 2006

my 100th post

This is my 100th post, and to commemorate I thought I would spruce up the place a little (I’ve added 5 new banners into the rotation) and recap what I have covered so far.

(at least) one cool thing has been wide-ranging in topics discussed. I’ve reviewed:

San Francisco restaurants: Tres Agaves, Ame, Ti Couz, Deep Sushi
Movies:
Weeping Camel, Winged Migration, Mostly Martha, Infernal Affairs, Mad Hot Ballroom, Curse of the Were Rabbit, Grain in Ear
Software:
Picasa, TrueCrypt, Neat Image, Skype, Yahoo! Widgets
Assorted consumer products: Downey ball, slippers, Gillette Fusion, woven dental floss, thorlo socks, Epson scanner, The Complete New Yorker
Peninsula restaurants: Uncle Frank’s BBQ, La Bodeguita del Medio, Fiesta del Mar, Sakae Sushi, Shabuway, Tamarine, Gochi, Kaygetsu, Pizza Antica, Pancho Villa, Old Port Lobster Shack

I’ve also mentioned:

Movie directors: Ang Lee, Wong Kar Wai, Hayao Miyazaki
Websites: Shiny Shiny, Flickr, KeepVid
Music artists:
Lou Rawls, Johnny Hartman, Anton Kuerti
Beverages: Moet & Chandon, pomegranate juice, Italian wine, Turley Zin, sake
Design:
Ikea, web resources, local resources, desk chairs, Lemon Twist
Ways to discover new music: Hype Machine, Motel de Moka, KCRW, Songs Illinois, Pete Tong

Additionally, I’ve written about destinations:

Las Vegas: Bartolotta, Nobu
Santa Barbara: Inn of the Spanish Garden, Maravilla
The coast:
Pescadero, Año Nuevo

Finally, in a move I am happiest about, I have introduced guest authors to write about their own cool things. One of the reasons I started my blog was to share what I enjoy and to have my friends share what they like.

To that end, I would really appreciate it if you left a comment suggesting how you would like (at least) one cool thing to evolve over the next 100 posts. What should I concentrate on? What type of information do you find most useful? And don't be shy about adding your favorites too!

2 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Paul,
Congratulations about your 100th post. Very cool!
I like the eclectic nature of the blog. So in term of the next 100th days I personally would like to see you should stick to that format.
-- Emmanuel

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Paul, for blogging to introduce us to new things in our lives. I like the categories, especially since I want to go back and search something,
but I currently have to go back month-by-month to find the post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Main page