Saturday, January 14, 2006

Moët & Chandon

Oliver and Daphne hosted a champagne tasting tonight. They supplied 8 excellent bottles and delicious hors d'oeuvres, and then followed the tasting with a wonderful dinner.

Just within Bruts (the only kind we were tasting) there is a remarkable variety of flavors. The Krug reserve was quite unique in taste but unfortunately unaffordable. Among the more reasonably priced offerings, my clear favorite was the Moët & Chandon White Star. I greatly preferred it to the Vive Cliquot and Piper-Heidsieck, and, consequently, it is my cool thing for today.

Budget tip: Chandon Brut Classic sparkling wine is a great value

2 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Being a frenchman I got to know everyhting about wine, right? Wrong. However, you can never go wrong with a bottle of Moet & Chandon.
Also I would recommend visiting the Domaine Chandon in Napa (Yountville actually). One of the best winery tour in that area. I highly recommend following the tour by a degustation on their nice patio overlooking the valley.

 
At 1:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do understand this pov. But being half French I half agree with it. For me, from far, Veuve Clicquot Champagne remains the best ever. And regarding a Champagne tour I must recommend to go to the Champagne region in France and more specifically to Epernay, the must see town.
By the way, on
www.veuve-clicquot.com
I found out cool infos on their selection and on wine art. Good stuff.
Enjoy...responsibly ;-)
Dom

 

Post a Comment

<< Main page