Friday, January 06, 2006

Sakae Sushi

This has been a solid week for food as I have been visting my favorites, and tonight I continued the trend by stopping by Sakae Sushi. It had been at least 6 weeks since I had seen Jun and Hiro(pictured), and I missed them.

I feel privileged to have gotten to know them over the past few years and they have been instrumental in expanding my knowledge of Japanese food and sake. At some point I will do a more extensive write-up, but their restaurant has the best sushi in Northern California (most of their fish comes from Tsukiji), and they have an excellent selection of premium sake. For the record, either quality would be enough to make Sakae Sushi my cool thing for the day.

Things I especially enjoy at Sakae Sushi: kanpachi, blue fin tuna, zuke, Hokkaido scallops, ocean trout and Daishichi sake

Sakae Sushi & Grill, 240 Park Rd, Burlingame, CA (650) 348-4064