Wednesday, January 11, 2006

flickr

I've had a flickr account for more than a year now, but I haven't used it. Flickr has great features: it is easy to upload, tag, share and blog through their web interface; but, the service hadn't "clicked" with me.

That changed last night when I discovered the Explore page. I searched via tag (always sorting on most interesting) and I was amazed at the incredible quality of the photos. There are some very artistics shots shared with the world via flickr.

Then I saw the last seven days. For more than an hour I kept hitting reload. Each page of 9 had at least one composition that caught my eye, and on one page alone I found this one, this one, this one and this one. You can even search via copyright status to find rights-free images.

Bonus link for the guys: flickrbabes