Sunday, January 08, 2006

Ikea

I'm kind of a design snob. My favorite places for home furnishings (each of which will likely be its own post) are: Limn, Design Within Reach and Propeller, and I'm even more elitist when it comes to lighting. Still, I have to say that I enjoy visiting Ikea, and that is just what I did this afternoon.


Everytime I walk through their showroom I am amazed at the level of design of their products. Unfortunately the build quality and durability of their furniture doesn not match the design, but the prices do appeal to the budget shopper.

On this last trip I noticed that they are offering more sinks, faucets and appliances.

I also noticed lamps inpsired by more expensive design. From top to bottom, things that caught my eye are:

Knappa pendant lamp - $25
November reading lamp - $50
Cesium ceiling spotlight - $50
Antifoni work lamp (not picture) -$25

If you haven't been to your local Ikea in a while, stop by. Their storage solutions are good, and the $4 dinner isn't bad. Unfortunately, the cinnamon buns don't taste as good as they look.

1 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I agree. Ikea has good looks, however some of the construction is a bit flimsly. Nevertheless how can you go wrong with a $6 desk lamp.
I have also completed a project of cabinet redesign for both my kid and our room. Their PAX line is pretty good for clothes storage. With a good table saw I was able to start from their components and build a tailor made clothing storage to my specs at an unbeatable cost.

 

Post a Comment

<< Main page