Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Dave’s Gourmet Heirloom Tomato Sauce

Dave’s Gourmet Heirloom Tomato SauceDave makes memorable sauces. I know I’ll never forget my first taste of Dave’s Insanity Sauce, and neither will the friends who witnessed the damage the 8 or 10 drops I added to a slice of Windy City Pizza did to me.

In the decade since my lips burned, my arms flapped and my crew laughed hysterically, Dave has built his reputation for hot sauce and has expanded his business. Recently he introduced a new line of organic gourmet pasta sauces, and on a visit to Andronico’s I was able to taste a few.

I settled on the Golden Heirloom Pasta Sauce made from organic yellow and golden heirloom tomatoes, and for dinner this evening, I enjoyed it with some angel hair pasta. Its color is striking and its flavor is light, sweet and quite fresh. And, it is certainly the best pre-made sauce I have tried.