Friday, March 24, 2006

POM pomegranate juice

I’m not always kind to my body. There are occasional nights of drinking, occasional nights of heavy eating, and nights like tonight when I do both. That’s when POM Pomegranate Juice is especially appreciated. It is extremely high in antioxidants and studies suggest that one of its many health benefits is reduction of arterial plaque.

You may have noticed the curvaceous bottles containing pure pomegranate juice. It takes 5 pomegranates to make 16 ounces. POM grows all of their own fruit, but because pomegranate season is short their juice is made from concentrate. The result is a dense and perhaps too rich taste that is best enjoyed when mixed with sparkling water or ginger ale. A 2-1 ratio of mixer to POM is my favorite blend.

POM offers varieties with mango, cherry, blueberry or tangerine added in, but I prefer to enjoy the benefits of the pomegranate in its highest concentration. POM has also introduced a line of teas supplemented with polyphenol antioxidants, and I’ll report back once I sample the new flavors.

5 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the health benefits of the juice as well. It's just so darn expensive for a healthy heart, plus there's so much sugar in that stuff, let alone the tartness. There is a great supplement I found for the benefits of the juice, but in a capsule. They say that PomGT (www.pomgt.com) is like drinking 2 glasses of juice PLUS green tea. It's been good for me, and I can honestly say a pill is tastier than the juice.

 
At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thrilled to hear you enjoy POM Wonderful Pomegranate Juice! It is delicious! Also great to hear you’re so knowledgeable about the antioxidant benefits. There is now a new POM Wonderful POM Tea (pomegranate iced tea) product that you might enjoy. It is healthy with a much milder taste. Look for it in the refrigerated produce section of your grocery store next to the pomegranate juice. For more information check out the pomwonderful.com website.
Best,
POM

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Tonight my wife and I found a great new use for pomegranate juice. Substitute cranberry for promegranate in your Cosmo and you will get both a trendy drink and your antioxidants. This healtbhy substiture sure takes the guilt out of this coktail (of course we only tried this experiment in the name of health)

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

After a few of these you won't remember how to spell either (see above comment)

 
At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to drink POM, but I just heard that POM tests its juice on animals! At first I couldn’t believe it, but then I looked it up and found info on www.PomHorrible.com. POM is suffocating baby mice and cutting off their heads! I found out that Naked, Frutzzo, Lakewood, and Old Orchard make a pomegranate juice, too, which are just as good, cheaper, and not tested on animals.

-Lindsay-

 

Post a Comment

<< Main page