Monday, April 10, 2006

Bonne Maman Peach Preserves

Bonne Maman Peach Preserves Many of you are familiar with the distinctly shaped jar and checkered red and white lid of Bonne Maman. However if you are like me, you’ve enjoyed their excellent strawberry jam (it’s a classic!) but haven’t sampled their other flavors.

I was shopping at Andronico’s yesterday and stumbled upon a giant Bonne Maman display. Stacked at the end of the aisle were blackberry, cherry, apricot, raspberry, blueberry and peach preserves. So many more varieties than I knew existed. I selected peach, and after two fine PB&J’s I proclaim peach delicious. The Bonne Maman peach has nice chunks of fruit and a sweet, but not too sweet, flavor. It is hard to beat strawberry for a sandwich, but peach has earned a regular spot in the rotation.

3 Comments:

At 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And just what kind of peanut butter to you pair with these fine peach preseves?

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger paul said...

I've tried almond butter and natural peanut butter but I like Jif in both creamy and extra crunchy varieties. What is your favorite?

 
At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jif is a classic. Lately I've been trying some organic styles. Trader Joe's crunchy is the current flavor of the month.

 

Post a Comment

<< Main page