Friday, July 21, 2006

the z4 coupe

I have a friend whose young son knows almost everything about every car. It is rather amazing the way he can identify makes and models of new and classic vehicles with uncanny precision. I was never that gifted as a youngster, but I did have a strong interest in things automotive. I’d look forward to the arrival of Road and Track each month, and I would pour over the details of the new offerings.

I still like cars, but my interest has waned as I have aged. Often the first time I am aware of a new model is when I see it on the road. However, one soon-to-be-released car has caught my attention: the BMW Z4 Coupe.

BMW released the Z4 Roadster 4 years ago to mixed reviews. Not everyone appreciated its shark-like styling, an outcome I find hard to imagine for the gorgeous curves of the 2-seat coupe. The hardtop completes the car and results in one of the most striking GTs produced in decades.

The coupe comes standard with a composite aluminum and magnesium block 3.0 liter, 255hp engine coupled to a 6-speed manual transmission that rockets the car 0-60 in 5.7 seconds. Traction is assured by a stiff suspension, Dynamic Stability Control, Cornering Brake Control and 17x8 rubber. A 10-speaker audio system and 4 years of complete maintenance are also included. Optional are: automatic transmission, Xenon headlamps, iPod integration, and the Sport Button which stiffens the throttle and steering for performance driving.

Base price is $40,100, and it is $43,270 very nicely equipped. Click here to build your own, and visit your local dealer next month for a test drive.

Bonus link 1: A photo gallery of 10 supercars including the Veyron and the FXX
Bonus link 2:
Burnout Revenge, a very fun car crash video game
Bonus link 3: David Hasselhoff’s newest music video:
Jump In My Car. It is more horrible than you could imagine making it must watch

1 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Blogger paul said...

Warren-

Thanks for the classic comment. I'm still laughing. Each brillo (big and little) responded exactly as I would have predicted.

Paul

 

Post a Comment

<< Main page