I was with my trusted peers at AT&T Park tonight, and I thought I would share the top 10 cool things about the game. So, from the home office in Star Valley, Wyoming:
10) It was a matchup of 1 (Padres) and 2 (Giants) in the NL West.
9) Outstanding defensive plays (line drives to Bellhorn at 3rd and Durham at 2nd)
8) Many home runs including Barry Bonds’ 722nd (photo right) and 3 in a row in the 8th inning
7) The bottom half of the 5th. It was a beautiful inning of baseball, and it included a hit-and-run, a sac fly, a steal and a suicide squeeze (Vizquel bringing in Wynn)
5) Great pitching. Lowry pitch 8 1/3 innings of shutout ball.
4) The Giants won 9-3 and are now only 1 ½ games back
3) Halter tops
2) Bill for getting us had amazing seats. We were 3 rows back immediately behind the Giants dugout complete with in-seat food and beverage service
and the #1 coolest thing (paradoxically): the warm weather
The Padres are in town through Sunday, you should consider heading out for an evening game tomorrow (7:15) or Saturday night (6:05).