Thursday, July 13, 2006

the i/o brush

Lisette sent me information about the I/O brush, a 2004 project from researchers at the MIT Media Lab designed to stimulate children’s interest in art and computers. And, after thinking about it for a little while, I’ve decided that it is one of the coolest inventions ever.

I could try to explain what it is, but it is much easier to see for yourself. Watch the brush in action (MPEG, Quicktime) and click here to see the Discovery Channel’s report on this excellent innovation.

Bonus link: other projects from one of the creators of the i/o brush

2 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is an amazing concept that shouldn't be that expensive to bring to market. It would be nice if a company like Logitech did just that.

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger James Mills said...

Cool. Though I would have appreciated a brief explanation of the technology without having to search for it--if available, that is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Main page