Thursday, May 18, 2006

american airlines mastercard

I doubt that anyone needs a new credit card but I wanted to pass along this amazing offer. Sign up for an American Airlines Mastercard and receive 25,000 AAdvantage miles. Better still, sign up before 10p Pacific tonight and you will receive a free companion ticket and pay no annual fee for the first year.

The special promotion is part of 25 days of savings for the 25th anniversary of the American frequent flier program. The usual enticement for the credit card is 15,000 bonus miles.

I’ve had the AA Mastercard for more than 10 years now and I have been happily surprised with the level of service from Citibank. I’ve also been shocked with how fast the miles pile up. At least the 1 or 2 free tickets each year help ease the pain of my lack of fiscal restraint.

Every credit card offer has fine print, and this is one is no exception. To qualify for the free stuff you have to charge at least $250 with the card, and you have to act fast. After the first year you will also have to pay a $75 annual fee. Finally, their APR is high so don’t revolve. Other than that, the deal is clean, and I hope you can take advantage of it. Thanks to slickdeals for the tip.

Sign up, or learn more about the Citi AAdvantage cards.