Monday, May 08, 2006

nerdcore rap

From boing boing comes word that notorious thug, gansta rappa and Purdue Computer Science Ph.D. student MC Plus+ is still droppin’ his mad science.

I first heard of MC Plus+ last year when a geek feud broke out between ++ and Stanford CS student Monzy . For a while it was tense – real heavy East Coast, West Coast urban hostility.

MC Plus+ was the undisputed king of chip-hop. Like 50 rhymed about da club, + flowed on encryption:

DES is wrong if you listen to NIS
Double DES ain't no better man, that got Dis'ed
Twofish for AES, that was Schneier's wish
Like a shot from the key Rijndael made the swish
But Blowfish is still the fastest in the land
And Bruce used the same to ECB and I'll crack your ciper text
Try CFB mode to keep everyone perplexed


Then Monzy brought some serious dis:


It’s hard to pick Monzy’s tightest lines, but this may be a candidate:

My flow is so intense that I will overflow your buffer,
Corrupt your stack pointer makin' all your data suffer.
I've got saturated edges but your flow is sparser,
Real gangstas sip on Yacc; instead you generate a parser.
While you're busy poppin' stacks I'll pop a cap in your skull,
While you smoke your crack pipe I'm gonna pipe you to /dev/null.
I may not have a label but I rap like a star;
I'm an unsigned long int and you're an 8-bit char.

The Stanford CS crowd will also appreciate this one:


MC Plus+’s posse (the Empty Set) talked about a response but none materialized. At least we have the tracks + laid down back in the day. Check out:


or download the entire Algorhythms album.

Bonus link: the ultimate nerdcore fansite

12/15 update: Slashdot reports that there are not one but two documentaries being made about the nerdcore scene.

2 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Blogger paul said...

I can't believe that no one has mentioned how much Monzy looks like Brad

 
At 11:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul, funny you mentioned that. I actually think gabriel in your previous post looks like Brad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Main page