Sunday, May 28, 2006

Bollywood Fandango

I went to see X-Men 3 tonight, and before the film I saw the newest Fandango advertisement. I admire Fandango’s marketing, and their talent at turning a really stupid name into a household brand.

Although I miss the early campaigns (“There’s a wild Fandango on the loose…”), I must admit that I have become a fan of the bag puppets. The Amoeba ad agency out of LA has done a fantastic job on such spots as “Clubbin’” and now they are back with a send-up of Bollywood musicals. My congratulations to the team for another great commercial, and the efficacy of the $1 million they spent on ad buys last year.



Bonus link 1: the people behind the puppets
Bonus link 2:
buy the puppets’ merchandise

2 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Blogger James Mills said...

More importantly, how has X-men III?

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger paul said...

I loved X-Men 2 and I have been waiting for 3. Sadly, it did not live up to my expectations. The story had great potential but a desire to pack an insane number of special effects into the film ruined it. Still, you have to go see it; just don't expect too much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Main page