Tuesday, April 25, 2006

pink grapefruit yogurt

emmi pink grapefruit yogurtI’m enchanted by pink grapefruit yogurt from Emmi. Emmi is a Swiss brand owned by the dairy giant Lucerne, and their yogurt is made in Switzerland from Alpine dairy. It is quite luscious (the Swiss know dairy), but what makes pink grapefruit special is the combination of tartness and sweetness that accompanies every spoonful.

Emmi’s yogurt is made with grapefruit juice and pulp, and the result is most unlike any other flavor I have tried. Of course it is also loaded with active yogurt cultures, and you can’t go wrong with other Emmi flavors like strawberry and blueberry, but the pink grapefruit is special.

I buy mine at Andronico’s, but it is also stocked by Piazza’s and other fine markets. (I haven’t seen it at Whole Foods though.) Give it a try and tell me what you think.

5 Comments:

At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. This yogurt is downright awesome...if only it were easier to find!

 
At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yessss! I could not agree more about the tart/creamy combo. YUM, I am eating some right now. I love pink grapefruit flavor and Emmi's decision to use it in yogurt was inspired. BTW, I think it has become much more popular in the time since your post because I have no trouble finding it at most of the corner stores I visit. To anyone who has yet to try this treat: don't wait, it's too delicious.

 
At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found this wonderful yogurt in New York at Dean and Delucas....have been searching hi and low for this scrumptious little jewel. Since I did a google search I found that it is carried up north only. Piazza's does not ship and I live in Los Angeles...if you know where I can get it in LA please advise. I will check in periodically.

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if you're willing to pay for overnight shipping, you can order this most wonderful yogurt here:

www.theswissbakery.com

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

it really is delicious.....found at deli at spring and prince in nyc.

also just found this recipe.
Here I went for the grapefruit option simply because… that was the only citrus I had at home. It gives a subtle and pleasurable tanginess. Hum, yum!

Yogurt and grapefruit cake

serves 8

1/2 cup of yogurt
1 1/2 cups of plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
1 1/8 cups of caster sugar
3/8 cups of vegetable oil
3 eggs
zest and juice from one grapefruit

Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Line a 20cm springform tin with baking parchement.
Put the yogurt, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Mix in the oil and the eggs and add the grapefruit zest.
Put the mixture in the prepared tin and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out just clean.
Drench with the reserved grapefruit juice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Main page