Tuesday, February 07, 2006

new dessert options

Satura Cakes cream puffLast night I sampled some treats from Satura Cakes, a brand new bakery in Los Altos. They opened on January 18 and, judging by what was left in their refrigerated case, they seem to be as popular as they are expensive. I tried the mango mouse cake (excellent mouse, average cake), the cream puff (perfect filling, I could eat this everyday except I’d die) and the mocha butter cookie (good firmness but not exceptional), but my friend Joy has sampled, photographed and reviewed much more of their menu. Read Joy’s post, but a warning her pictures may cause intense hunger.

crepe from the Crepe MakerSpeaking of hunger, this afternoon I needed a snack so I stopped by the Crepe Maker, which also just opened on Main Street in Los Altos. I ordered the tasty butter, sugar and cinnamon crepe and I loved the deep cinnamon flavor. On previous visits I have tried their savory crepes, and although they are good I prefer my complete made with a buckwheat batter as Ti Couz does. Perhaps one day the Peninsula will be home to a creperie that can compete with Ti Couz for my affection.

Satura Cakes: 200 Main Street, Los Altos, CA (650) 948-3300
Crepe Maker: 280 Main Street, Los Altos, CA (650) 941-8444

Ti Couz: 3108 16th St, San Francisco, CA (415) 252-7373

3 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just remember, you went to Ti Couz back in 1993! I'm glad it's one of your favorites. Pastries look tasty! I'll look forward to tomorrow's entry!

 
At 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting. However, I'm more interested in just what the fuck you were doing in Los Altos.

 
At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is the openning day at Satura Cakes
. Mallory had a $10 cup cake and MerchantCircle bought one of the first cakes there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Main page